Jay was born May 19, 1973 in Coldwater, MI and comes from a family of five. Tucson natives are rare and Jay is also a transplant from Winchester, VA. Jay has lived in Tucson since August of 1995. They say 10 years makes you a “native.” –
- 1991 Graduated from John Handley H.S. in Winchester, VA
- 1991-92 Hampden-Sydney College Soccer Team
- 1991-95 Hampden-Sydney College Golf Team
- 1991-95 Sigma Nu Fraternity
- 1995 Graduated from Hampden-Sydney College with a B.A. in History and Spanish
- 1996 Assistant Golf Professional at The Golf Club at Vistoso
- 1998-00 Became Non-Member Head Professional/Director of Golf at The Golf Club at Vistoso
- 2000 Founded Tucson Golf Vacations, LLC
- 2004 Founded Mountain Vista Real Estate and Vacation Rentals
- 2009 Became member of Tucson Conquistadores
- 2012-present- Vistoso Office Park Board member
- 2014 Licensed Realtor
- 2014 Board member for First Tee of Tucson 3 year term
What do you like the most about your job?
Taking care of customers in a way that no other company can by providing unbeatable customer service, something that has slipped among most companies these days.
Being lucky enough to be working around the game of golf and doing what I like daily… something my parents always told me to do.
Seeing a difference in Tucson, AZ as the destination grows and becomes more and more popular. The Accenture World Match Play Championships will play a major role in boosting Tucson as a destination and will introduce more people to the beauty of the Tucson desert and mountains.
Favorite Golf Course in the US
Pebble Beach and Bandon Dunes tie
Favorite Golf Course outside the US?
Royal County Down and Royal PortRush tie
# of Hole in Ones?
1—–December 1, 2005 on #15 at Vistoso
Lowest Score for 18?
67 at The Gallery (North)
Most Memorable Moment in Golf?
My hole-in-one was pretty special and long awaited.
Golf Course Affiliation?
The Golf Club at Dove Mountain—-Marana, AZ
The Gallery Golf Club——Marana, AZ